Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Win the lottery? Lose your food stamps

The federal government and Michigan that if you win the lottery and take it as a lump sum, those winnings should not be considered income. And if you have a food-aid card, which uses Michigan tax dollars to help you buy food, you can keep it. http://bit.ly/jqLA0c
Forgive me if I am mean-spirited, but that is just wrong.
What is more, it is being way too free with my tax dollars.
The Legislature just past a bunch of tax increases that are going to ask me to help share the burden of getting the state out of the red. That is OK, but I think lottery winners should also share the burden.
It is simple. If you win the lottery, you are no longer poor and no longer in need of a bridge card.

1 Comments:

Blogger Himashu shou said...

Hello
A lottery is a form of gambling which involves the drawing of lots for a prize.http://lotterytexts.com/

November 13, 2011 at 2:55 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home