Friday, July 9, 2010

Skinny dipping

Some readers called in to complain about The Oakland Press publishing a report on an Oxford nudist camp issuing an invitation for people to join their attempt at the world skinny dipping record.

Well, the reason this is news is that it gets people talking and it is happening here in Oakland County.

And talk about a difference of opinion — there are the nudists and there are the prudists.

I must confess I am one of the latter, at least as far as my own behavior. As for what others do, I having traveled to Europe, South America and Asia, and I find there is little can wear or not wear that can offend me. I should also note that fashion here tends to flirt with nudity.

Whatever your views on the topic of sans clothing, you are invited to share the debate at http://bit.ly/bNipKZ.

Here are some samples:






Rochester Guy wrote on Jul 9, 2010 7:02 AM:
" Are there any big fish in the water that my mistake my manhood for dinner? "


Jeremy wrote on Jul 9, 2010 7:15 AM:
" This just awful. Why would The Oakland Press even mention this. Oxford residents do want these people here. "


Tac Agent wrote on Jul 9, 2010 7:49 AM:
" I have seen some nude beaches before in my travels and most of the people on them are FAT.

GROSS!! "


just me wrote on Jul 9, 2010 8:14 AM:
" Let me get this straight, this is not just for adults? This is just plain disturbing. They want you to bring your families? I can't for the life of me understand why children would be allowed there. Or why anyone in their right mind would want to be around children there. "


thoughtful blogger wrote on Jul 9, 2010 8:14 AM:
" to jeremy,

These people? This is a private club. Your intolerence speaks volumes. You are no better than the Taliban who force women to cover everything except their eyes. What business is it of yours if like minded people come together to sun bathe. "


thoughtful blogger wrote on Jul 9, 2010 8:20 AM:
" to just me,

Disturbing? Nudity does not equate sex!!! Unfortunately our puritanical mind set cannot separate the two. Many cultures do and the ability to do that would create a more enlightened society. "



plucher wrote on Jul 9, 2010 8:23 AM:
" This is a public event which raises a large issue of whether or not this is a private club. The IRS would say that it is not private due to the fact that they just invited anyone to come.
I guess I will pack up the kids and head on down there anyway. "


craven wrote on Jul 9, 2010 8:57 AM:
" sorry, but this brings up the question..."how do you spot a blind man at a nudist colony?" "


av8rkirk wrote on Jul 9, 2010 9:21 AM:
" Rochester Guy, don't worry about big fish as they have poor eyesight and could not spot anything that tiny. "


749 wrote on Jul 9, 2010 10:25 AM:
" There are many prudes in this county.
If families choose to run around butt nekked in front of their kids that is there business.
I have visited a few times a nudist resort "Turtle Lake" and the members and guest were all very nice people, not sexual and no woodies.
"Nudestock" was great, weekend filled with wonderful people, great music/bands, but a bit chilly at night. "


Mark_Sunclad wrote on Jul 9, 2010 10:48 AM:
" It's unfortunate that there is so much misunderstanding, and body shame, but that is the USA. No fish in our pool, we have a nice pond with fish if you are inclined to fish. Yes, not only your children are safe, but all members are, as the Owners remove undesirable people. People who attend this event will be screened, and not allowed at the owners discretion. This is a sanctioned national event by aanr.com .
WO is a stress free fun place to be, and I encourage all of you to visit, you'll love it. Enjoy! "


homeboy wrote on Jul 9, 2010 11:36 AM:
" To Jeremy; you wrote:" This just awful. Why would The Oakland Press even mention this. Oxford residents do want these people here. "

You are right!!! We do want them here. I've been a resident of Oxford for 40 years and I've known about this nudist camp. There has never been any problems there. Nudity is a personal choice and I defend it. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home